Mokriya takes software seriously. We’re pragmatic crafters who believe in smart and focused development, building clients’ products just as we do our own: investing heavily in design, iterating rapidly to validate and falsify ideas, and pursuing perfection in every interaction. We learned a lot of interesting things along the way about the right way to ship software, and we're now bringing our incredible software product experience to larger companies like Verizon, Google, Intel, Twitter, Sony, L'Oréal— and we do this all with a fully distributed team.
We believe that well-made software can change the world, no matter how small or simple a product might be. We also believe that poorly-made software —badly-designed, badly-developed, or badly-supported— is a preventable tragedy.
Mokriya’s mission is to make great software: for ourselves, for our clients and most importantly for our users.
You love to build. When you're not at your job, you're probably tinkering on some contraption in the basement or figuring out how to take apart <insert-something-you-bought-recently>. You get a thrill from figuring out a clever way to solve a problem. You are a good software tester with strong programming fundamentals and you really take pride in knowing the ins and outs of the programming languages and libraries you are working on. You are a product-focused Engineer that cares about details and—this is obvious—you take pride in your work.
If this sounds like you, and you've been working on DevOps, you should apply. We strongly encourage and are proponents of diversity.
Why should I be excited to work here?
First, it’s fun. Not in the “everyone pretend to have fun, we’re a startup, where are the Nerf guns?” way, either. It’s fun to work at Mokriya because beyond the perks and good times, we’re a happy team of people who love to design and build great products. It’s not just that we have a great organizational structure in which everyone is really empowered to act; it’s also that we hire for fit and bring in folks only if we’re confident in their integrity, capability, and drive.
No one will watch over your shoulder, and you won't have to spend time watching over anyone else's either. We’re a talented team of doers. There’s little bureaucracy, and we hate blocking. Our product managers spend their time making sure you can get things done in the way that best suits your preferences and the project needs.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust: if you care about those things, you'll be happy here. And more importantly, we'd be honored to hire you.
We are building a new platform that:
- is a highly scalable, cloud-based SaaS offering that helps our clients understand and manage risk
- is based on Linux, Java, and open source technologies, and leverages the latest advances in database tools, vector processing, hardware-based acceleration techniques, and geographic visualization tools
- utilizes a unique Big Data approach scaling to massive sizes over time and large scale distributed data processing technology
You will contribute by:
- Leveraging your knowledge of High Availability, Scalability, Reliability, and Efficiency for distributed systems to influence and improve our SaaS services working with the architecture, engineering and infrastructure teams.
- Implementing observability strategies and tools for proactive detection of failures and deliver visibility into services metrics.
- Working with our security experts to automate security into the platform and services.
Nice to have: