Senior Scala Engineer
Mokriya takes software seriously. We’re pragmatic crafters who believe in smart and focused development, building clients’ products just as we do our own: investing heavily in design, iterating rapidly to validate and falsify ideas, and pursuing perfection in every interaction. We learned a lot of interesting things along the way about the right way to ship software, and we're now bringing our incredible software product experience to larger companies like Verizon, Google, Intel, Twitter, Sony, L'Oréal— and we do this all with a fully distributed team.
We believe that well-made software can change the world, no matter how small or simple a product might be. We also believe that poorly-made software —badly-designed, badly-developed, or badly-supported— is a preventable tragedy.
Mokriya’s mission is to make great software: for ourselves, for our clients and most importantly for our users.
You love to build. When you're not at your job, you're probably tinkering on some contraption in the basement or figuring out how to take apart <insert-something-you-bought-recently>. You get a thrill from figuring out a clever way to solve a problem. You are a good developer with strong programming fundamentals and you really take pride in knowing the ins and outs of the programming languages and libraries you are working on. You are a product-focused Engineer that cares about details and—this is obvious—you take pride in your work.
If this sounds like you, and you've been working on building backend solutions with Scala, you should apply. We strongly encourage and are proponents of diversity.
Why should I be excited to work here?
First, it’s fun. Not in the “everyone pretend to have fun, we’re a startup, where are the Nerf guns?” way, either. It’s fun to work at Mokriya because beyond the perks and good times, we’re a happy team of people who love to design and build great products. It’s not just that we have a great organizational structure in which everyone is really empowered to act; it’s also that we hire for fit and bring in folks only if we’re confident in their integrity, capability, and drive.
No one will watch over your shoulder, and you won't have to spend time watching over anyone else's either. We’re a talented team of doers. There’s little bureaucracy, and we hate blocking. Our product managers spend their time making sure you can get things done in the way that best suits your preferences and the project needs.
Autonomy, creativity, thoughtfulness, trust: if you care about those things, you'll be happy here. And more importantly, we'd be honored to hire you.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Collaborate with team members to develop application infrastructure components, following coding, documentation and design standards;
- Understand how existing code works and functions;
- Participate in requirements analysis to be able to effectively construct technical solution;
- Testing, benchmarking and documenting code, new components and algorithms;
- Contribute as a member of a skilled and creative product development team designing, developing and delivering the next generation of Enterprise Risk Management Applications;
- Embark on an intellectually challenging and rewarding product development journey and work with top-tier software professionals on a variety of projects that explores the frontiers of modern technology;
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative software development process including design, hands -on development, testing, debugging, maintenance and supporting our client facing colleagues required;
- Highly Proficient in Scala
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Functional programming concepts, use of functional library, Cats/Scalaz
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner.
- Strong mathematical skills in algorithmic coƒmputations, statistics and probability.
- Tagless final
- BDD, DDD